- S. Efisio Festival | Cagliari | May 1-4
the greatest procession in the Mediterranean area. Mostre e Festival della canzone tradizionale
- Sardinia Interfestival | Cagliari | from June to September
Live concert: top bands and singers from Italy and other countries
info > 0039 070 670015 | email@example.com§
- Cagliari Amphiteatre | Cagliari | from June to August
International Festival: opera, musica, teatro e danza
info > 0039 070 4082232-261-209 | www.teatroliricodicagliari.it
- S'Ardia | Sedilo (OR), first week-end in July
A unique horse race which is held every year in honour of San Costantino
- Narcao Blues | Narcao (Ca) | end of July
Blues international festival
info > 0039 0781 959489 | www.narcaoblues.it
- Cala Gonone Jazz | Cala Gonone (Nu) | end of July, first part of August
Jazz international festival
info > 0039 0784 232539 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- La Faradda di li Candareri | Sassari | August 14
Every year, on the 14th of August (the day before Ferragosto), the "Gremi" (the old craft guilds) race down the crowded streets carrying huge wooden "candelieri.
- Time in Jazz | Berchidda (Ss) | mid August
One of the top jazz international festival in Italy
info > 0039 079 703007 | http://www.timeinjazz.it
- Ai confini tra Sardegna e Jazz | S. Anna Arresi (Ca) | mid August info > 0039 0781 966102 www.santannarresijazz.it
- Redentore | Nuoro | end of August
Traditional costumes, horses, traccas (decorated carts), handicrafts, folk traditions. There also is a tenor competition featuring ancient traditional Sardinian songs
- S. Salvatore, the shoeless men run | Cabras (Or) | September 3
A 500- year-old rite. A group of young men re-enact the age long fight against the Saracens.
- S.ta Greca | Decimomannu (Ca) | last Sunday in the month
Rural festival with food, games and music.
- The Chestnut Festival | Aritzo (Nu) | last Sunday in October
Costume parade, shows, food and wine tasting.
- Mountain products | Desulo (Nu) | November 1-5
in the Gennargentu mountain area agro-indistrial and handicraft exhibition, traditional music, painting exhibition
- Signum Judici | Alghero (SS) | December 24
On Christmas Eve, a traditional medieval chant takes place in Alghero's Cathedral. The ancient Sibyl chant, whose origins are lost in time, is still authentically reproduced only in Palma de Majorca and Alghero.
- Sa Pertusitta, sa zuada and su cabude feasts | Bultei (SS) | December 30
Solemn mass, traditional choirs from Goceano. During this festival the traditional local bread, which represents sheperds culture, is blessed
- Cap d'Any a l'Alguer | Alghero (Ss) | 31 December 1 January
la grande festa del Capodanno Algherese: concerti, teatro di strada, mostre, spettacoli e fuochi d'artificio
- S. Antonio abate fires | Mamoiada (Nu) | January 16-17
a Pre-Christian festival which culminates in the lighting of big bonfires that burn all night, after religious rites and the blessing of the fire.
- Samugheo (Or) | Traditiona Carnival
Mamutzones (men) dressed in goat's skins, tall cork hats with big horns on top, cowbells hanging from their bodies and faces painted black. They dance around s'Urtzu, a character who is half goat and half man, and su 'Omadore tortures him until he is sacrificed.
- Sartiglia | Oristano (Or) | martedì grasso
Oristano, last Sunday in Carnival and the following Thursday
It is a tournament on horseback where riders show their skill by trying to pierce a star, which hangs above the street, using a sword or a carved wooden stick.
- Ottana (Nu) | Traditional Carnival
The Carnival masks are evidence of timeless rites and cultural traditions and hold us spellbound with their mystery.
- Mamoiada (Nu) | Traditional Carnival
in the heart of Barbagia black masks, dark, dramatic, sheep skins, cowbells, a rythmical gait, tamed men, a noisy bedlam.
- Bosa (Nu) | Traditional Carnival
Carnival takes place along the Karrasegare streets. Bosa puts on its Sunday best and is more beautiful than ever. On Shrove Tuesday there is "s'Attidu": hired mourners raise an old funeral lament for the dying Carnival.
- Orotelli (Nu) | Traditional Carnival
Discover this Carnival through the blackened faces of sos thurpos.
:: HOLY WEEK
- Passion and Holy week rites | Cagliari, Castelsardo (Ss), Alghero (Ss), Iglesias (Ca)
Ancient religious rites and sacred rituals which take place in the churches and along the streets of the city centre, recalling old traditions.